Il giardino del Palazzo Reale di Torino
2019, cm 24 x 31, xiv-240 pp. con 215 figg. n.t. a col. e 16 tavv. f.t. a col.
- About this book
- Reviews (1)
- Extra (1)
The Royal Garden of Turin was redesigned by André Le Notre in 1697, but in fact it dates back to 1563, the time when Turin became the capital of the State of Savoy. The Garden was inscribed on UNESCO’s world heritage list in 1998 and its history was punctuated by contributions from prominent patrons, landscape designers, and artists until 1915, when the area was split in two by an alley known as Viale 1° maggio. All these phases made the object of the research documented in this volume - the first monograph on the matter, a project promoted by the Royal Museums of Turin and carried out by a group of scholars from the Turin Polytechnic.